Manchester United are considering an offer of around €80m for Sevilla’s Jules Kounde. The club, who finished eighth in the Premier League last season, have identified the Senegal international as a potential replacement for Marouane Fellaini following his loan move to Everton.
Manchester United are considering making a €80m bid for Sevilla’s Jules Kounde. The Red Devils have been heavily linked with the Ivorian international in recent weeks, and it is believed that Jose Mourinho has identified the winger as his ideal replacement for Henrikh Mkhitaryan.
Discover all of the significant transactions and see how we ranked the biggest acquisitions during the summer transfer season, which was unlike any other. Even if the window is closed until January, the rumors will continue to circulate. Here is the most recent rumor and gossip.
United are interested in Sevilla’s Kounde.
Manchester United is interested in signing Sevilla centre-back Jules Kounde, despite the LaLiga club demanding €80 million, according to ABC.
It’s even been claimed that the Red Devils may recruit the France international during the January transfer window to help them with their defensive problems.
Clubs from all around Europe are interested in signing the 22-year-old, but due to the Premier League’s financial power, the Premier League seems to be his most probable destination.
This follows Chelsea’s rejection of a €50 million bid during the summer transfer window.
Despite buying Raphael Varane from Real Madrid in the summer, the Red Devils are considering adding another centre-back after recent defeats to derby rivals Liverpool and Manchester City.
Sevilla, on the other hand, will analyze how they feel about losing the Frenchman halfway through the season. With a game in hand, the Andalusians sit one point behind LaLiga leaders Real Sociedad. They are currently in last place in their Champions League group, but they still have a chance to go to the knockout round.
Jules Kounde may be able to choose from a number of major Premier League clubs. Getty Images/Quality Sport Images/Mateo Villalba
– LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, and more on ESPN+ (U.S.) – Watch ESPN FC every day on ESPN+ (U.S. only) – Don’t have access to ESPN? Get immediate access
GOSSIP ON PAPER
– According to Fabrizio Romano of the Here We Go Podcast, Liverpool might buy a winger during the January transfer window to compensate for the absence of Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane during the African Cup of Nations. Arnaut Danjuma, who joined Villarreal from Bournemouth during the summer transfer window, is thought to be a target for the Reds.
– If they are unable to get AS Monaco midfielder and long-term goal Aurelien Tchouameni, Juventus may opt to sign one of numerous possibilities. Axel Witsel of Borussia Dortmund, Denis Zakaria of Borussia Monchengladbach, and Corentin Tolisso of Bayern Munich are among the candidates mentioned by Calciomercato. Their first choice, though, is Marseille’s Boubacar Kamara, whose contract expires in the summer.
– According to The Daily Express, West Ham United are contemplating making a third effort to acquire Giovanni Simeone as they aim to add a striker to their roster. However, it may be tough to sign the Argentine, who is on loan from Cagliari at Hellas Verona, with the former ready to activate a provision that would make the transfer permanent.
– Despite interest from Barcelona and others, Internazionale are still in control of signing Ajax Amsterdam goalkeeper Andre Onana, according to Fabrizio Romano. Inter have had a verbal agreement with the Cameroonian for months, according to him, and a transaction will be finalized as soon as the laws allow.
– According to Calciomercato, Napoli are interested in signing defender Federico Gatti from Serie B club Frosinone. The 23-year-old is valued between €5 million and €6 million, but that does not seem to be an issue, since Juventus, Atalanta, and other teams have shown interest. Even during the January transfer window, a move might be accomplished.
– According to Diego Montalvan of Telemundo Sports, Seattle Sounders player Raul Ruidiaz is attracting attention from Liga MX side Cruz Azul. According to the source, the 31-year-old Peruvian striker’s return to Mexico’s top division seems doubtful at this moment. According to other sources out of Seattle, the Sounders have already activated Ruidiaz’s 2022 club option.
- manchester united news